Wednesday 14 May 2008

Yanchep

So when your mates are living on the other side of Australia in the hinterlands of the New England Rangers in the middle of May, with temps topping 15 and getting as low as -6 in the night. What do we Sandgropers get up to..... well how about a beaut barmy days outing to the beach! And for something a bit different we drove up to the beaut beach at Yanchep, which is one of the best beaches about. So with Fordie full of kiddies and one of the biggest packed picnics you will ever see, off towards Yanchep we go for a beaut days drive. Here we have the mob about to head down the stairs to the beach, four kiddies to look after I must have rocks in my head!



Oh Strewth i've already lost one!.... no I didn't I hand hold of Oscars hand as I didn't trust him going down the stairs. I reckon if he had hes chance he would run for about three steps then spend the rest of the time bumbling down the rest of the stairs till he hit the bottom. Come to think of it if I had the camera on movie mode and filmed him falling, then a quick edit of the film (taken out the bit of me pushing him) then send it to Australia's Funnest Videos, and you never know we might get a new fridge out of it!






Finally at the water and time to cool off, isn't that a nice little photo of three happy little shark biscuits. But where's the little fella I hear you ask.....

Well as soon as he saw the massive waves he lost his courage and he was off to the towels, and as for coming down with me, well he didn't have that much trust in me not to drop him into the water.... I wonder where he got that idea.










So here is a photo of Oscar after I dropped him in the water!















But after a while he started to get a little bit closer and closer till he went in up to his knees, and that was far enough for both of us to be happy.



Then after a fair while of the little nevilles swimming, jumping and running about it was time to get some tucker in our tummies, well even Duracell bunnies need to recharge their batteries. So it was time to leave the beach, climb the stair's and cross the quiet little road and down into the park. No joke this picnic area is one of the best parks I think me and the kiddies have found. It had picnic tables, B.B.Q's, swings a dunny and heaps of space for the little scallywags to run about and wear themselves out. And just to the side of the park there was a little sand track going to the top of the hill, so it didn't take long before all the kiddies started to wonder up the track. So poor old dad had to get his worn out butt up out of the park bench and follow the little mob up the track. And here is a photo from the very top of the hill, not a bad spot hay.







And finally here is a photo of Jacko, Sarah and Harrison at the top of the hill over looking Yanchep Beach. I tried but have you ever tried to get four kiddies to stand still together for a photo, I said that just in case your wondering what happen to the little fella Oscar. But it was a flamin' beaut day and the kiddies had a ball, and they can't wait for there next trip to the beach. Between the footy, bushwalking and the beach these friggin' kiddies are wearing me out, little buggers.

No comments: