Tuesday 25 March 2008

Back to the Sculptures


Well last year we went to our first Sculptures by the sea held at Cottesloe Beach and loved it so much that we went again this year. This was the forth year it has been held and seeing that it doesn't cost anything and the kiddies have a beaut time on the beach I reckon we will be going next year as well.
So we packed the van up and off we went for a beaut day on the sandy shores of the Cott! The sun was up and we were having a barmy day of about 32....... Beautiful. Well the first sculpture was one called 'Pythongsaurus' which looked a lot like a friggin' spider but what does yours truly know about art!

Then we were of down the hillside to the beach foreshore where we were found this one which I don't know what it is called or what it is made about , but it looked pretty beaut and reminded be of the backyard chairs we had growing up at Brighton ave so I will name it 'Pop's backyard chairs'.





Now the next one was pretty cool and if the kiddies get to touch it then they love it, so it got my kiddies award for the best Sculpture of the day. Again i'm not sure the name of this one so being the fact that it was a bunch of mirrors we might call it 'A bunch of mirrors', jes I just thought that one up i'm getting pretty quick in me old age!






So the next one on the list was this bunch of wooden poles in the sand, again I don't know the name of it but this is the sort of stuff that I can relate to..... a bit of wood bit of paint and something comes out at the end. So this one got my favorite Sculpture of the day, but probably didn't get in the top ten!




Now this one I can really relate to it's got this powerful yet fragile design which utilizes the beach culture and the pathway through life it's self. I don't know it's proper name but I like to call it 'Spunky sheilah in brown bikini laying next to sculpture'. What do you reckon. I can't blame Harrison for not looking at the camera this time, he was just having a bit of a gander at the scenery (chip of the old block).




And our final sculpture of the day was what I thought was real beaut, it was called 'Gathering' which was a bunch of wooden people (about twenty) standing in the sand. In the background you can see the world famous beaut looking Cottesloe Beach Hotel. And that was about it for the day we did see lots more sculptures but you can only put some many photos in a post hay. All up they had about fifty of the friggin' things all over the place, but I think we got the best ones on film.

No comments: